Monday, September 16, 2013

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes!

After the success of the princess blog everyone has been asking about the Disney Princes! I've been talking to many people about this and I'm trying to figure out how to rank them. Do I just base it on the movies? My favorite princes have been influenced by my experiences with them in the parks. 

My sister and I had a discussion while being pampered. Her favorites are based on the movies. I had also mentioned that if we were looking at who voiced the character my favorite would without a doubt be Flynn Rider because I LOVE Zachary Levi. So, I have decided (after talking to Christy) to first rank the princes by favorites in the movies and then by character experience in the park then add their score together to get my top 10. I'll include where they ranked in each category :) Let me know who your favorite is!

FYI: If you will be joining me for my birthday (and other celebrations!) I will be getting my picture with my #1 pick ;)

Starting with number 10!

Snow White's Prince - Just like Snow White this prince ranks number 10. Although he is a good guy and saves Snow White he is a little creepy... Would you kiss a dead person? No thank you. He is also a little stalkerish... I mean... he is spying on Snow White while she is singing into a wishing well. I have not had the opportunity to meet this Prince in the parks and so he has a low score for being seen in the parks. He scored #8 for movies and #10 for the parks for an overall score of 18.



9: John Smith - Again, this guy is not a prince but he is a leading man in a film. I like John Smith because he wants to learn from the "Savages" on how to use the land. He is an explorer first and Disney makes him into a hero. He takes a bullet to save the Indiana Chief! I again have never met him in the parks but I like how he has a "stunt" in Fantasmic! His scores: Movie - 9 Parks - 8 for an overall score of 17.



8: There is a Tie for the number 8 spot so I am going to go with Peter Pan for this spot - So, he isn't a prince but he can fly and takes on Captain Hook. His best friend is a pixie and he has a magical shadow. He is friends with lost boys, Indians, pixies, crocodiles and much more. He is the epitome of imagination! When I went to Disney with my friends we had a GREAT meet and greet! We got some great pictures and had a lot of fun. Peter got a score of 10 for the movies (he isn't a prince) but a 4 for the parks which bumped him up to the #8 spot! His total score is 14.



7: Prince Philip from Sleeping Beauty - He really should be closer to the top but I have not had the pleasure to meet him in person! Disney, here is my plea to bring the Princes out for meet and greets! He has the best singing voice and can dance. He is also one of the bravest of the Princes, I mean he defeats a dragon (the mistress of all evil) and cuts through a forest of thorns! He is one of the "hottest" of the Disney males and doesn't mind that Aurora's dress magically changes color. His movie score is a 5 and his park score is a 9 which gives him a 14.


6: Prince Eric - One of my favorite movies has one of the best Princes. Eric just wants to be out at sea. Little did he know that he would meet a Mermaid who loved the human world so much. He would have had a higher score had the actor playing him been better... Our meet and greet with him was not fun. He was not personable at all! Way too shy... didn't even interact with us. Movie Score: 6 Park Score: 6 Total: 12


















5: The Beast/Prince Adam falls into this middle place. He starts big and bad but learns to love someone. I've always enjoyed meeting the Beast at meet and greets. One time he danced with me which moved him up to the #5 spot overall. The "Tale as Old as Time" dance gets me every time. Movie Score: 7 Park Score: 3 Total: 10



4. Prince Charming - I think the fantasy of going to a ball and being chosen by the prince helped Prince Charming become the number 4 prince. He is classic Disney. Everyone is looking to be a Cinderella story. Movie Score: 4 Park Score: 5 Total: 9


3. Flynn Rider! - Zachary Levi would have made this prince #1 but I never got to meet Flynn Rider in the parks. I'm so sad about that. Gotta love a guy who would rather die than have the girl of his dreams imprisoned for her magical hair. He even took Rapunzel to see the "lights" and sings a very romantic song! Movie Score: 2 Park Score: 7 Total: 9


2. Prince Naveen - Yep, the Frog Prince is number 2. I loved him in the movie and I had the BEST experience with him in the parks. Whomever played him at Epcot in 2011 made my entire trip! Christy and I saw Naveen and Tiana and there weren't many people in line at all. He was incredibly out going and asked us if we knew how to dance the Charleston! He even took the time to teach us a few steps to the dance and made us feel special. Disney at its finest and most magical! Movie Score: 3 Park Score: 2 Total: 5


1. Is it really a surprise?? ALADDIN makes my top spot! I've loved him since 1994 when I found out that Steve from Full House voiced him for the movie. Then, as I grew up I fell for the underdog! He makes the number one spot for movie and for park experience. I have always had a GREAT experience meeting this guy, no matter who the actor is! The best was 2010 when I had a 10 minute interaction with him during spring break. We were talking about teaching and he made me feel important. Aren't we all just wanting that "fantasy" of disney magic when we are in the parks? I mean, how often do we get to meet our childhood favorites come to life? Movie Score: 1 Park Score: 1 Total: 2.





















Alright, do you agree? Yes? No? Who do you think needs to be #1? Why?

Next Blog: Disney Villains! Who is the most evil?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment