Thursday, June 13, 2013

Et tu, Brutus?

I love doing fun things around town. I'm sure everyone does! Do you like to paint but you aren't an artist? So do I! In August my almost sister-in-law introduced us to Sip-n-Doodle. This place is AMAZING!  You get to pick out a picture to paint and the instructors help you recreate it with your own artistic abilities. You can bring your own beverages and just de-stress with friends and new friends! Here are some pictures of how our paintings turned out!






I'm also part of a fantastic book club that has grown from the original 3 to now 6 (8 if you include the new babies in our group!) We just read Devil in the White City. The parts that I finished were really great and now that it is summer I will actually finish it. 

I am also incredibly lucky to know the Hanvey sisters! Yesterday (June 12) I went to Ft. Worth to the Shakespeare Festival at TCU. We saw Julius Caesar on its opening night. I am more of a musical gal but the acting was great and the stage was incredible! I got to usher for the very first time ever and I LOVED it!! In the show there is a lot of blood from the fight scenes! You can imagine that when an artery is hit with a sword the blood with burst everywhere! It was a fantastic show and I can't wait to go see Taming of the Shrew! I'd never seen Shakespeare live before but I have seen 10 Things I Hate About You (my favorite movie from High School because of Heath Ledger) so I'm sure I will love the play. Here are a couple of shots from after the show :) 

Blood! 
Me with the Hanvey Sisters! 

More fun happenings around the Dallas area to come later! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment