Friday, June 28, 2013

Surprise Trip to Ft. Worth

"You will need walking shoes and a fully charged camera" is all the information my BFF gave me. I had a surprise afternoon planned by one of my best friends. I have never really been to Ft. Worth except to see 2 productions at TCU. Here is how my adventure went yesterday! 

We started our journey at the Mellow Mushroom to see some quirky statues! I love random quirky stuff around town! Outside this eatery there were cows/longhorns decorated for the restaurant. Awesome photo opportunity. Next time I might have to try the food. 





Our next stop took us to the new TCU stadium to meet this creepy statue! I hope I get to attend a game next season!


The big surprise was to go to the Ft. Worth Zoo! I had never been and I LOVE Zoos!!! It was really hot yesterday and I was melting in the heat. These animals had the right idea; a nap in the shade.




My favorite animal is the Elephant. I guess it is the zoo's favorite as well because they added an exclamation point to the end of Elephants! Celeste and I were just as excited to see them. In that shady area there are fans to keep you cool.



This white tiger was so amazing.

This bear creeped me out! He was dancing or taunting us. I thought he was going to leap at us! He was really scary.

More smart animals!

Well, I didn't get to go to Australia this year but this was a close second to getting there.

Texas! It was a ghost town today. Only the crazy people were out walking around in this heat! It was getting me ready for Disney World which will be next summer.

Batman!

Ol' South! This place was sooooooooo good! The best blueberry waffle I have ever had. My eggs and sausage looked like a smily face.



The last thing we did in Ft. Worth was see The Taming of the Shrew. It was very funny and the acting was GREAT!



 After the show we took pictures with this cool fountain at TCU and the new horned frog statue. It was an amazing day and I am so lucky to have such a great friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment