Friday, June 7, 2013

Summer time!

Well, I have one more day of work but no more kiddos to teach. My 4th year of teaching is done and I still can't believe it! This year has been so difficult but so rewarding. I have lived the life that I feared so much last year and that is a school year without my mother. When I was having difficulty she was there on the other side of the phone. She would pray for my students and just listen to me talk about them as if they were my own children. I have to admit that it was hard, but not as hard as I ever imagined. I had some great students, parents, and co-workers at school and at home I have the most wonderful family and friends. My family was always there to help me in my classroom when I needed them. My dad came every time I asked! He cut out stuff, put stickers on books, moved furniture, unstapled fabric from walls, and moved a bunch of stuff from 104 to 105! I don't know what I would have done without him this year. My sister Christy helped out so much this year in so many ways. She was especially good at snow cone runs ;). My brother and almost sister-in-law helped take thousands of staples out of the walls. And I can't forget my friends who were up at school until 8:30 helping me organize my classroom and purge some stuff I really didn't need! Celeste and Stacia -- I don't know how I will repay you for helping but I will find a way! 

Now for the not so "deep" stuff! Summer is here! I love summer but I feel like this one is going to be super quick! What does a teacher do during the summer? CLEAN HER APARTMENT!!! Does anyone have a carpet cleaner I can borrow?? Also, there is a little crafting, getting things ready for the next school year, pool-time with friends, and a little bit of travel (but that is a surprise for later this summer).

So if you are a teacher, congratulations! We made it through another school year without losing our kids or losing our minds. We have gained some new tools in our toolboxes and used pintrest to enhance our lessons. Here is to finding some new ideas on pintrest this summer to use next year!! If you are not a teacher -- congratulations! You have a regular work day on Monday while I am on a raft in the pool reading a good book!

I am going to steal Ellen Degeneres' sign off: "Be kind to one another!"

1 comment:

  1. We rented a carpet cleaner from Market Street before we moved to Odessa. It worked really well and wasn't every expensive :) Miss you, friend!!

    -Jill

    ReplyDelete