Thursday, August 8, 2013

Big Books

Just whistle while you work... That has been my motto for a week now. Except that instead of whistling I've been listening to Pandora. What did I do before Pandora!?!? A week ago I walked into my 80 degree classroom to find this: 




I had to move classrooms and start all over with a blank room. My first task was to put the walls up! Then I had to arrange the furniture and make it look like a working classroom again. Kids are going to be learning in this room in 3 weeks! Here is what it looks like today: 

First look from the doorway -

Learning area and work area in the middle. I haven't opened the blinds yet but I have a big window in the back.

My desk area. You can see my Nemo stuffed animals and Mike from MU! The "calendar" area on the board and the birthday cakes.

Guided Reading area/Small group instruction. Good Work wall, math, science, and reading Bulletin Boards.

Word Wall, motivational posters, computers, and you can see the writing wall on the right. 

There is still much to do but the room is almost organized and stuff is put away! Now all I have to do is get everything ready for meet the teacher and plan for the beginning of school. I love Kindergarten!! 
Now for the newest addition to my room. I asked my good friend Matt if he could make some Big Book boxes. I hate how they stuck out of the back of this thing: 

And here is what it looks like now!



And here is the amazing Big Book box that Matt made for me!!! It has handles and is stained/painted!! I seriously have the best friends in the world. Thanks Matt!!!


Here it is in its nook! Look how neat and tidy it looks.



No comments:

Post a Comment