Sunday, August 25, 2013

School, Showers, and Singing!

It's been awhile since I was last able to post! So much has happened this month!! After spending tons of hours in my classroom it was ready for meet the teacher. Before Meet the Teacher night I threw a wedding shower with my sisters, we hired a new teacher for kindergarten and a couple days after Meet the Teacher I got to see my friend perform! All I can say is that I have finally caught up on my sleep after going to bed at 9:00 last night. Here are some details: 

With less than 100 days before the wedding my 2 sisters and I threw Eden a "Kitchen Themed" wedding shower. Guests included our side of the family, bridesmaids, Eden's mom, and friends of my mother's. We played 2 games: "Guess the Spice" which was given to me by my good friend Rachel; and a sort of Newlywed Game. For the second game we had asked Craig (our brother) to answer a few questions about his relationship with Eden, and also some fun questions. Both games were awesome! For every question Eden got wrong on the 2nd game she had to chew a piece of bubble gum. Here are a few pictures from the shower: 





Sisters! 

Eden with my mom's Sisters- Aunt Jill and Aunt Jenny

Our side of the family 

Me with Eden

After the weekend of the shower and family it was time to start professional development. School is approaching FAST and enrollment is up in the district! There was even a news report about the rapid growth of Frisco ISD and how we are such a great district! I'm so honored and proud to be a part of such a great school district. With that said we had to add another section of Kindergarten! Here is the 2013-2014 kindergarten team: 

Meet the Teacher night was so amazing! I loved seeing many of my former students and of course meeting my new students. It is going to be a fabulous year!

I worked so hard for 3 weeks that it was time for a day off... even though I thought about my classroom the entire day. My BFF was performing at the Eismann Center. The Richtones is an award winning chorus. Celeste even gets to dance as she is singing! The entire show was great and I even feel a little less stressed after attending. It was a very fun afternoon!
 Street Corner Symphony performed with the Rich-tones. They are a wonderful group who were on the show: The Sing-Off. I got their autographs and this fun picture.

Now it's time to get ready and finish setting up my classroom for Monday! Ready or not, 18 kindergartners will be in my room in less than 24 hours! To all my teacher friends - good luck and rest up! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are my BFF! Couldn't ask for a better one!

    ReplyDelete