Friday, July 24, 2015

Korean Karaoke!

Days 12 and 13

New York City
We are officially at the 1/2 way point of our epic journey across half the United States. I can now say that my feet hurt! We have walked so much this trip. The only thing I am really looking forward to when we get to Texas is not walking 15,000 steps a day! Back to New York!! We decided to leave our car in Stamford, Connecticut. The Parking Garage is really nice and convenient. We took a train to New York and arrived at Grand Central Station!

 After getting a Taxi to our hotel it was time to go out and explore! We are staying at Hampton Inn Time Square Central. It is located at 41st street between 7th and 8th. It is near everything!

 I of course had to stop at the Disney Store!! 

 Made it to Rockefeller Plaza
 We paid to go to the Top of the Rock. Look at that view!!! You can see so far and it was a beautiful day in the city!! The clouds are amazing! You can see Central Park in the photo below.

 Don't miss this room! The lights move with you. 

 Enjoying the city! 
 St. Patrick's Cathedral 
 I want that diamond ring from Tiffany's!! 
 Dylan's Candy Store. I was so good and didn't buy anything!! 
 I really wanted those Frozen jelly bellys! 

 On Thursday night we went to see Wicked! It was a pretty long walk from Dylan's back to our hotel to change and then back to 50th for the show. It was so worth it! I had tears and chills all night from the amazing performance!
 We saw the Wizard! 
 On Friday we slept in a little and then took the Subway to the 9/11 memorial and museum. This was my first time to ride a subway and it was perfect! Here is a picture of the Freedom Tower.
 Inside the museum. It was beautifully done. Brought back a lot of memories and emotions from that day.



 Not the first time I rode the subway but it was the 2nd time ever for me to ride!!
 After the memorial we walked to our lunch spot! It was an old Irish Pub and they have a lot of cop memorabilia. After lunch we took the subway to battery park and caught a ferry to her!



 View of the city from Lady Liberty! 

 After visiting the Statue of Liberty we took the subway back to Times Square and did some shopping.


 Totally met Green and Blue M&M. 

 We ate Korean Food and then met one of Celeste's dear friends, Mel. Mel had a friend with her and they took us to a Karaoke bar. It was a Korean Karaoke bar!!! We had so much fun and all 5 of us sang Journey's; Don't Stop Believing! I can cross that off my bucket list!!

 On our walk back we saw Macy's and Harold Square. 
 At Times Square they have this big monitor. We are on the left of the picture! I'll post it bigger on Facebook later!
Well, my eyes are having a hard time staying open so I must end this day. Check back tomorrow to see where we end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment