Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Lobster

Day 18

Maine is BEAUTIFUL!! I am in love with this state. I had to put a picture of my lobster dinner on here first thing because it was so beautiful!

Back to the day. We started in Portland, Maine. We decided to take it easy and walk around the town after breakfast. Checkout was at 11 so we had about 45 minutes to see Portland. We just walked up to the Starbucks and then to the water and then back to our hotel.
Cute little paper dresses! 

The bookstore was super cute! 

A lot of locks near the water. 




After checking out of our room we headed to Cape Elizabeth to see a lighthouse. It is situated in a park. It is free to go to but you can't go up in it. The scenery around the lighthouse it so pretty! 



Our next stop was Augusta, Maine. That is the capitol of this lovely state. We parked our car and walked with purpose to the building for pictures. We had to beat the rain! We got a few drops on us but we successfully got pictures. This is the 39th capitol building I have been to!! I'm so close to the end!! I think my mom would have liked this capitol. The security guard inside was so sweet and funny! He gave us a tip to go to the museum next door if we wanted to get postcards. Of course we followed his recommendation! 



Moose! 
I loved George Washington before this trip but I love him even more now! He is EVERYWHERE in the Northeast! 



After the capitol we headed for Bar Harbor, Maine. We are staying at this beautiful hotel overlooking the ocean. This is the view from our room!! I'm in love and there is even a pink sky!!
Since we hadn't eaten lunch (only small snacks in the car) we were starving. I saw a recommendation online to go to Stewman's Lobster Pound. It was an amazing experience! What is Maine known for?? LOBSTER! 
Look at the lobsters... they don't know what their fate is... in my belly :) 
Of course I got the top choice. A little of everything! 
The New England Clam Chowder was great! 
Our waiter Jonah was the best!! He made sure we were well taken care of. If you ever go to Bar Harbor pray that you have Jonah as your waiter. He never once made fun of us during our lobster adventure. 

Yep... that's us.. the adults! The food was spectacular. I have decided that I am not a Lobster fan. It was a wonderful meal but I will stick to non seafood options the rest of the trip. I'm so glad I did it though! This place did it right! They give you a paper that tells you how to eat the lobster. If this was not included I don't think I would have eaten as much as I did. The green stuff would have freaked me out! 
Blueberry Pie for dessert! 
"She's his lobster!" - Quote from Friends! 
I did not try the green stuff... liver... No thank you! 
Natalie didn't try it either. It was not our thing! 
View of the beautiful sunset! 
It may look photoshopped but it was not! 


I named him George Washington since George is everywhere! 
One last view from our room! 
Off to bed! Tomorrow is another early morning! Thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment