Friday, June 11, 2021

You Say Goodbye... I Say Hello!

 Day 12

Today started like any other day on the trip. I woke up, got dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast with Celeste. We then packed up the car and headed 2 hours west, back to Missoula, so that Celeste could catch her flight. My BFF and Travel Buddy for the last 12 days was heading home and my husband will be replacing her on this amazing trip. The drive was absolutely beautiful through the mountains of Montana. We said goodbye at the airport. 

After telling Celeste goodbye I headed to Target for some water bottles and lunch meat. I also needed medicated chapstick and lotion with aloe. It is so dry here in the mountains! Once I was all stocked up again on essentials, I headed back to the airport to pick up Derek. Celeste saw him first as he deplaned and she snapped a quick photo! 


It was around 1:00 when Derek arrived so we grabbed lunch at a local chain restaurant. It is called Famous Dave's BBQ. I would recommend this place! I had sausage and "Texas" beef brisket. 



Travel days can be exhausting. We decided not to do too much but I did want to check out Fort Missoula.It was the perfect day to walk around this historic fort. Inside the museum they had an exhibit dedicated to the "Alien Detention Center." This taught about World War II and  the internment camps around the United States that were set up. We walked around the grounds and took pictures of the scenery. 






























After the Fort, we headed to the hotel for some relaxation. What an amazing vacation it has been so far. I'm so glad that there is still over a week left! 


No comments:

Post a Comment