Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Land of Independence

Day 17

Today we decided to sleep in and check out of our AMAZING Canadian room at 11. We called for the bellhop around 10:45. He was very chipper! On our way down the elevator he informed me that the Falls were lit up with a blue light in honor of the Royal Baby! We were there for history!! We were excited to finally be in the right spot at the right time. We have had horrible timing this whole trip; we either get there a day too late or leave a day too early for any special events. Here is a picture of the illuminated Falls! 


This is the view from our hotel room. We stayed at the Radisson and it was really wonderful.

After going through border patrol we found the nearest Cracker Barrel (see, I can spell it correctly). We were hungry! Then we found this cool statue/painting. Gotta love New York!

We headed out for Pennsylvania. PA is an amazing state. It is so beautiful!


The welcome center was pretty fantastic! They had this overlook where you could see for miles! The guy inside was really nice and friendly.

Before making it to Harrisburg we had to refuel. I was determined to find a Starbucks in the middle of Amish country. I did! It only took 30 minutes of searching but I found one. The barista started to talk to me about my car and I told her the whole story of our journey. I told her about my mom and how I am trying to get the 50 capitol buildings. Then something amazing happened. She slipped me $5 and said the coffee was on her. She then gave Celeste free coffee too. It was a God moment. I wish I had gotten her name. I will just call her our angel for the day. I'm so grateful for nice people.

With caffein running through our veins we made it to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Capitol #24!! Almost half way done with the 50 state challenge.


There were these 2 girls sitting on the steps. We asked them to take our picture.

After we got our picture together the girls started talking to us about our journey. We told them about our trip. Then, they told us about what they were doing in Harrisburg. They are part of a mission group that works with middle/high school kids and adults. They learn about the culture they are helping. The kids were completing a scavenger hunt of Harrisburg when we were at the capitol. It seemed like a lot of fun! They gave us a recommendation for dinner (which we went to!)

Here are some other pictures from the capitol! I loved the quotes all around. 







We saw this dude dancing and we had to find out what was going on! He was making an audition tape to get into a dance school in New York. Good luck!!

There were these cool buildings along the road. They look small!

And we are getting dinner... Bangkok 56! The girls at the capitol asked us, "Do you like Tai food?" Our response, "I don't know... I guess." They gave us this place to eat. They said, "It is in a blue house. It is GREAT!" Guess what... It was PERFECTION! We had egg rolls, celeste had chicken fried rice and I had Pad Tai. If you are in Harrisburg, eat here!


Another great day on the road. I'm getting sad that it is about to be over! I am off to bed because tomorrow brings another busy day on the road. We are on our way back to Texas because we are taking roads that are either south or west. Womp Womp :(

Thanks for reading! Oh, and don't forget about Celeste's blog!! http://34justme.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment