Monday, July 15, 2013

Witches Gulch

On the road again! We are on day 9 of our road trip around the United States. I must say, it has been a GREAT trip so far. Today did not disappoint! We woke up a little early today because we had a lot of ground to cover. Our day was mainly spent in Wisconsin. Here are the stats before I forget! 

States: 10 - Just to recap: TX, OK, KS, CO, WY, SD, ND, Minnesota, WI, IL 
Capitols: 6! Minnesota and Wisconsin are the new ones. 
License Plates Found: 43... we only have 7 left but we can't find them! 
Crunches/Squats: 60... it is getting a little harder! 

So, now that you are caught up on the numbers let's get to the meat of the day! We started our day with a wonderful breakfast from Hampton Inn. They really do have the best hotel breakfast around! We then left for Caribou Coffee. Yummy! We both got Turtle Mochas but made a little differently. I had a white chocolate one on the rocks and Celeste had a dark chocolate one blended. Her's was way better! Next time! Then we were off to Wisconsin. 



Our first stop was to a town called Eau Claire. There is  park there with the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp. You can pay $5 to tour it (we saved our money this time). We did get a picture with Paul Bunyan and Babe the blue ox! The men working the camp were so sweet. I even got to put a pin in their map for where we live! I love maps!! 



Our next major stop was the Wisconsin Dells. We took a 2 hour boat tour of the Dells. It was sooo beautiful! How it works is that you board your boat with a tour guide and a boat captain. You travel for about 30 minutes, learn about the rock formations and then you arrive at Witches Gulch. It was unbelievably cool. Then, you get back on your boat and travel to the next little walk. This was Standing Rock. There is a lot of information they give you but I am too tired to remember it all right now. You will have to look up Upper Dells and do your own google search tonight. If you are in Wisconsin this is a must do!





Our tour guide Kevin! 

This shield looking rock shows the water level! One year it got all the way to the top!

Witches Gulch

Ah! Witches! 


Standing Rock


Walking around Witches Gulch


The rock looks like an Indian Face. I can't remember the name they gave it...




Our final picture op for the day was to stop in Madison, Wisconsin. This is the capital of Wisconsin. The capitol is beautiful! Even the city is nice. Everyone was walking around and enjoying the day. Madison was my 20th capitol. I can't believe I have seen 20 different capitols in the United States!!! OMG! I only have 30 left and we aren't done with our trip yet. I am beyond excited. 


After the capitol we left for Illinois. This is the latest we have driven and we still got to my Aunt's house by 10:30. I am a little delirious and tired so I am not going to bore you with stories that are funny/interesting to me now but are probably really dumb. So, check back tomorrow and I'll try to have more witty stories and crazier adventures ;) I should be a little perkier because we are finally sleeping in! Thanks for reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment